In an article I was reading, I stumbled across a statement by psychiatrist Amy Banks, author of Wired to Connect: The Surprising Link Between Brain Science and Strong, Healthy Relationships. I haven’t read her book nor do I know anything about her. However, what she said about relationships resonated with me and I think you might be intrigued by it, too.
What she says is that “true love is first and foremost about creating a mutual connection, evidenced by five hallmarks of a “healthy relationship.”” Here they are:
- You have a feeling of zest or energy.
- You have more clarity about yourself, the other person and the relationship.
- You are encouraged and empowered to act, both in the world and in the relationship.
- You feel more value in yourself.
- You desire even more connection.
What do you think? Would you agree? How have you experienced this in your relationships?