I found this article called “7 Healing Affirmations For Victims Of Narcissistic Abuse”. Here are some of the key thoughts I gained from it but I recommend you read the whole article.
Remember that just because someone is a selfish jerk doesn’t mean he or she has a narcissist disorder. It’s not a good idea to go around labelling people. However, if you have been abused by a narcissist or you have been hurt by narcissistic behaviours, I hope this article assists you as you purse help, hope, and healing.
Becoming from of abuse is a journey and healing can take time. Repeating a series of affirmations out loud can aid in your recovery.
- I am healing slowly, but surely, day by day, one step at a time.
- I am putting the past well and truly behind me to focus on the present and future.
- I am a loveable person who deserves the care, affection, and respect of others.
- I know and trust my own mind.
- I have firm boundaries and the strength to stick to them.
- I have the full support of my friends and/or family.